Thursday, July 28, 2011

Something Worthy Of Blog Posting......

I have a semi-automatic Marlin .22 rifle that my dad gave to me back when I was a youngster(several years ago).  It was originally stained a dark reddish brown.  The color that it was got nicks and scratches on it very easy, so I decided to refinish it.  I took it apart, sanded, and put some boiled linseed oil on it and I really like how it turned out.  It shoots smooth and it's refinished so it's practically new.

Can you tell what this is?






















































This is just the stock.

See all the nicks and scratches?



























And this is the finished product!






Can you tell what this is?(After the refinishing!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks really good! I love guns... even though I am a girl :) I like to shoot the M1 30 caliber that Grandpa gave my dad! I have used to go deer hunting more then once.
    Great job on your gun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks nice shiloh!
    Good job.
    We miss you.
    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very nice and like it will hide "wear and tear" much better!

    ReplyDelete